18 April 2011

Weekly Dose of Poetry

I have been writing poems since I was about 11 years old or so. I will be kind enough not to regale you with those adolescent poems, (you're welcome) but I thought it might be fun to share some of them on here.

Hope you enjoy!

Raindrops

Raindrops
The tears I cry
For you now
For me alone
Slipping down my face
Leaving rivers of ache

Thunder
The sound of silence
You’re not talking
And I can’t hear
Crashing in my heart
While we are apart

Lightning
This pain in my soul
You feel nothing
And I’m dying inside
Reality, I’m losing touch
I need you so much

This storm
The miles between us
You set the distance
I count the inches
Without you I’m lost
In this hurricane I’m tossed

This poem is the result of a game called ‘Poetry Tag’ that I used to play in AOL chat rooms. It was SO much fun! People would tag someone – give them a topic – and they were to (almost) immediately start writing. You couldn’t really wait more than a minute or so to begin or the natives would become restless.. ha!

Anyone else out there every try it?

1 comment:

  1. Hi, thanks for the kind words you left about my blog. I am new follower on your blog. I'm wondering what your book is going to be about. Good luck with everything. :)

    ReplyDelete